When it rains it pours…
1. Today my pink eye looks worse.
2. My allergies are the worst they have ever been. I can’t breathe through my nose. Nor can I smell anything.
3. Also I bent down today after internship orientation had ended and my pants ripped. I got in my car and laughed. Seriously FML
4. So now I’m in class for 5 hours with pink eye, unable to breathe and ripped pants.
How my Best Friend Consoles Me:
Me:OMG! I have cavities and I'm going to have to pay a bunch of money to get them filled. Ugh, so expensive! I'm so broke....
Best Friend:Okay, AT LEAST.... at least...think of the fact that you don't have children.
Best Friend:Children are more expensive than cavities.
Aside from waking up with a sharp pain in my back, I woke up with a sore throat. (Hurts to swallow.) Sigh. Doctor’s appointment tomorrow. Ay. More money’s there.
Getting sick is NOT the business.
#1 stress in my life currently:
Money. Oh, well lack thereof actually.
This just sounds delightful….
Table of Content for Traffic School
- DEFENSIVE DRIVING
- DRIVE DEFENSIVELY TO AVOID COLLISIONS
- IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN A COLLISION
- COLLISION AVOIDANCE
- DEMANDS OF CITY AND FREEWAY DRIVING
- LEFT TURNS–PROTECTED AND UNPROTECTED
- TRAFFIC CONTROL AT INTERSECTIONS
- FREEWAY DRIVING
- TRAFFIC SIGNS, SIGNALS, AND CONTROLS
- VISUAL SEARCH
- PROPER LANE USE
oh and there is more where that came from.
This is so exciting I cannot contain the happiness I am experiencing.
Just paid $298 for my first traffic ticket.
For running a stop sign.
Traffic school should be a delight.
I did it…
I just got off the phone. I called him and told him that A.) he came off way too strong and that it made me feel uncomfortable B.) I’m only interested in being friends.
It was awkward and really difficult to do. But it was necessary.
Things that occurred during date:
I’m not really sure where to start. But I’ll be fair and say the positives first.
Um…The date started off well. He picked me up. Rang my doorbell and met my stepmom very briefly. He was polite and nice. We ate at a Islamic Chinese food restaurant in Anaheim that I chose. It’s a fav of mine. So that was nice. And after we saw the movie “5 year engagement”. He paid for everything even though I offered and he opened the car door for me every time we got in or out of the car.
I completely appreciated all of this but…here are some things that were said during the date:
Also please tell me if you think I’m being too harsh or overreacting. I like to be called out for unreasonable standards. I’ve already decided I am not interested but I still want to hear opinions.
Him: So you live with your dad, step mom, and sisters?
Him: What about your mom?
Me: She passed away when I was little….But you know it’s been quite a few years since that happened, so I can talk about it now.
Him: Oh, that’s cool. No…I mean…not cool but like… good that you can talk about it.
[End of topic.]
I know people have a hard time talking about death. I get it… but…typically what you say is “I’m sorry to hear that.” Right?
Me: I really love Harry Potter.
Him: Harry potter is for children.
Me: Oh, I can see why you think that but it has a dark side and adults enjoy it too.
Him: No, not really. It’s for children.
It’s fine if you don’t like it, but…seriously…WTF?
Him: I don’t read. At all.
It’s fine if you don’t enjoy reading a whole lot but…How does someone not read if they went to college and are about to start law school? Maybe I’m exaggerating but this is such a turn off.
Me: Although I’m technically European, I consider myself Hispanic because of my culture, traditions, and language.
Him: I’m glad you say “hispanic” instead of “latina”.
Me: I mean i use them interchangeably but Why?
Him: Saying “latina” makes me feel gay.
Him: But I don’t have a problem with homosexuals or anything.
Oy. Oy. Oy. No words.
Me: (I made a reference to Grease and he seemed confused. So I asked him.) Have you seen the movie Grease?
Him: Oh, like the musical?
Him: No. That’s like a girl movie.
Me: Uh….what’s a girl movie?
Him: Hmm.. you know…movies like Grease. Musicals. All musicals are girl movies.
Me: I’m not a really a fan of musicals. Grease is just a classic.
Him: And action movies are guy movies.
Me: I actually really like action movies
I know that people have gender roles engrained in their brain, but really?
Him: (He was telling me a story about a party he had gone to)…Yea, and then we just drank waaaay too much. I was so drunk. I drove home and the next day I didn’t know how I had gotten there. I had to check to see if my car was outside.
Me: *super pissed off look on my face* I have a really big problem with drinking and driving.
WHYYYYYYY? Maybe because every year thousands of innocent people are killed by drunken drivers. It’s irresponsible. Hasn’t he seen the news or LIFETIME? oh no, that must be because it’s a “girl channel”.
And I’ve saved the most awkward moment for last.
(We’re sitting in front of my house.)
Me: Thank you so much for everything. The food and the movies.
Him: You’re welcome.
I could tell he really wanted to kiss me and I was trying to dodge it so I went in for the hug. When we seperated he hard core pulled me into him (waaaay too aggressive for a first kiss) and started making out with me. I pulled away and was trying to make it the least awkward possible.
Him: Oh, I’m sensing that you’re really nervous. I really like kissing you.
Me: *silence* Um, sorry but I just don’t…
He interrupted me and once again aggressively started making out with me…
I pulled away immediately.
Me: I’m ready to go inside.
(Outside my door.)
Him: Soooooo…do you want to do this again?
cringe. I can’t stop cringing.
When it rains, it pours…
Not for me.
When it rains, it suddenly turns into hail, which then turns into a snow storm with lightening and thunder and next thing you know it’s the end of the world and an earthquake and tornado have gotten married and it’s the apocalypse.
Dramatic? Sigh. I guess…
As you all know because I have been bitchin about it so much lately. I got my wisdom teeth removed and about three days ago, the left side of my face started hurting RIDICULOUSLY.
I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. I can’t think. I can’t work.
It’s terrible. All I do is take mini naps until my pain wakes me up and I know it’s time for medication again. Oh, And I write on Tumblr of course.
But here is a list of things that have followed:
- I slipped on the granite stairs in my house because I was crying from the pain and I messed up my knee.
- The antibiotics I have to take caused me a yeast infection. [I didn’t even know this could happen.]
- I’m not working because it hurts too much to work so I have no income right now.
- I got pulled over for running a stop sign and got a ticket a few hours ago. First ticket ever. The cop handed me my ticket while I had a ice pack pressed on my face.
- Due to lack of work, costs of dentist work, and this new ticket of mine [oh the joy], I don’t think I can afford the Las Vegas trip coming up in three weeks. -_-
- Not to mention that I don’t have dental insurance which means I have to drive two hours to Tijuana where I got the procedure done so the dentist can inflict more pain onto my face.
- Did I mention that I never want to eat Mac’n’cheese ever again?
Yesterday I was awakened from my slumber by a ridiculously painful stabbing sensation on the left side of my face. It is worrisome to me that my right side could be so healed and dandy after the wisdom teeth extraction and my left side so far behind.
Being that I was awake, suffering in silence or lack thereof, I came to some nice little realizations that can only come, I think, at 3 AM as you sob in pain:
- It is way easier to miss your ex’s when you’re in a lot of pain and have the urge to contact them. [Don’t worry, I did no such thing.]
- My dad is my hero. [I woke him up in a panic because all the pain I was feeling and he gave me hardcore painkillers he had from a previous injury. I love him.]
- Walking down granite stairs in socks will result in you falling and hurting your knee. [Yea, only me.]
- A real man who seriously cares for you will check up on you when you tell him you’re getting your wisdom teeth removed. Therefore, JA is not a real man nor does he care for me.
- Even though I got my shift covered for tonight, I am not sure I will be going to that gathering that F, a former flame, is going to be at.
- Oh and last but not least, I’m pretty sure wisdom teeth extraction is what hell feels like.
Good day to you all, my fellow Tumblr-ians! I do apologize for my complaining lately.