My Tumblr Crush
I came to Tumblr hoping to find a place to share my thoughts. My feelings. And my stories. I definitely didn’t come to Tumblr to set up a dating profile: To find a man. Or a happily ever after, I can tell you that. But life likes to throw curve balls… all the time… as you all must know.
Low and behold, I happen to “meet”, the most wonderful of men here, on our very own Tumblr. Here in the cyber oasis of what is Tumblr-land. Mr. T. Not only was I taken aback by this man’s intelligence, humor, and wit; He also has the kindest of souls. The way he views the world is always gentle and with care. I have never heard him utter an ill intention or anything remotely cruel. More personally, he understands me in ways that very few have ever been able to grasp. What can I say? He gets me. My nuances, my cackles, and the dumb jokes that previously, only I thought were funny. We discuss philosophical matters, our opinions on various social issues, and, of course, trivial silliness. Oh and how could I forget? He plays the guitar. And well. I know few men that can range in personality and expertise like Mr. T.
Mr. T and I started chatting outside of the walls of Tumblr, because we felt like it was easier to correspond through the more conventional realm of email and good ole Facebook, but eventually Skype became the next mode of communication because, did I mention, he lives somewhere close to ten thousand miles away? Yea, as life would have it, I don’t get to walk down the street and hang out with one of the most awesome human beings I have ever encountered.
I know that Mr. T is going to read this because like the wonderful friend that he is, he always keeps up-to-date with my blog. And I know that I may be completely out of the scope of reality but I just wanted to make sure that he knew how very much I enjoy our talks and that if geography were different, I wouldn’t even hesitate in meeting. And well, he knows this, but he will remain my Tumblr crush and well, I do hope that some day circumstances will let us meet.
How Starting My Tumblr Blog Has Changed Me
- My writing has actually gotten better. I find that as I read my older posts, I say to myself “Wow, I know I could write a much better version of this now.”
- My vocabulary is expanding. I keep a thesaurus tab on my computer, always in search of a more precise adjective to pair with the nouns in my life,a more descriptive adverb to compliment my verbs that I partake in daily. [Nerd Much?:D]
- I’m finding my writing ‘voice’. Slowly.
- On a deeper level, I find that I hold myself accountable for things that I post about. If I advocate to my readers about the importance of being confident in who you are, I remind myself of that when things get rough for me. If I talk about embracing single life, I remind myself of that when I’m feeling down about not having a partner because hey, it happens.
- I am more aware of patterns in my life. I see how my moods and emotions have the power of affecting my perspective, for better and for worse.
- Last but certainly not least, I have ‘met’ such an awesome community of AMAZING people. I never expected this to be part of my blogging experience, but really, this is what it’s all about.
Happy Sixth Month Aniversary, Tumbs<3
Let’s make a toast. To Tumblr & I. Yes, our relationship has been a sweet one. I can always be honest and I always get lots of moral support from the relationship. And I have to be honest, I left my ex, Facebook, when Tumblr came into my life. My life is so much better now.
Tumblr just knows how to satisfy all my needs ;)!
Here is my first post ever.
theworldsafire asked: how have i not been following you? love the blog!
Bahhh!! You’re too sweet.
Hope you enjoy!
List of Websites I Visit [Almost] Daily
- LearnVest- About financial wellness, geared specifically towards women
- HighExistance- philosophy, philanthropy, meditation, healthy living, and overall being a good person
- FareCompare/Kayak/Travelocity/Groupon- Always looking out for my next adventure and good travel deals. Recently bought a flying lesson for my pops and I.
- ThoughtCatalog- I love it. Bunches of well written articles. Updated Daily.
- Netflix- Watch an episode of something. I don’t ever watch TV.
- Tumblr- DUH!!
If you don’t know about Tumblr then you are not supposed to know about Tumblr. Its like fight club.
--John Green (via chronic-nostalgia)
Am I the only one who keeps notes about topics I’d like post about on Tumblr? Probably. Haha.
judgmentallyill asked: New to your tumblr. What happened to K?
Welcome. And I must say, “PROCEED WITH CAUTION”. Tumblr is highly addictive. hehe. But well worth it, in my opinion.
Oh yes. K. That guy. I’m not sure how much or what you read exactly but here’s a brief summary in bullet point form:
- K is a guy I met through friends who is really sweet and cool but I wasn’t instantly attracted to him.
- We went on a double date this past Saturday. My best friend and her boyfriend and K and I. Her boyfriend and K are besties.
- The date was fun and he was a real gentleman but I felt like our personalities didn’t match. He didn’t seem get my jokes and I felt like his teasing was a little overboard based on the fact that he hardly knows me. IDK.
- At the end of the date he said “We should totally do that again” as he stood within my personal space bubble. [I was a little concerned he was trying to go in for a kiss, but he didn’t. Phew.]
My best friend who went on the double date [who I definitely think has a bias because she wants K and I to be her “couple friends”] thinks I should give him another chance.
I got a little Tumblr happy today. Time to do some work at work. Crazy idea, right?
I leave you with this little number I found. Love it.
I need recommendations. I am looking for…
Well written, insightful blogs. I am very purposeful in who I choose to follow and I am looking for recommendations on well written blogs that cover topics that include but are not limited to:
- Post-grad life
- Hilarious Personal Blogs
- Great photography
- Volunteering and philanthropic efforts
- Empowerment of humanity
- Great documentaries
Recommend away my friends. You can private message if you like.