Jealousy, Vulnerability, And Not Giving a Fuck
1. I gave Mr. Yamaha a second chance. After all the drama, I said “yes, I’ll give you another chance to make things right”.
2. All was well. He was making more of an effort and I was also trying to make myself more open and be okay with being vulnerable.
3. A seemingly innocent misunderstanding activated a bit of jealousy in me so I shared it with him in a rationale and non-confrontive way. He kissed me and assured me that all was well and that it has been a miscommunication. I felt courageous for sharing something as vulnerable as “being jealous”. This is not something I typically do. But I figured it was a good of time as any to open up. I like the guy, what can I say.
4. Suddenly, I start to feel a distancing between us. He pulls away and I haven’t heard from him in two days. I get irritated and am too proud to communicate first and I feel entitled to the communication because of my disclosures of being jealous. That was me being vulnerable and he fucked it all up.
5. I just want to punch him in the face and not give a fuck about him. I’m like UGH.
I’m not Tumblr famous. Whenever I gain a follower this is me:
Sometimes I do a mental recollection of a series of memories of crazy shit that I’ve done during my life and I smile and i think “Fuck I’m living a good life and not wasting a second of it”. It’s a good feeling.
You either like me or you don’t. It took me twenty-something years to learn how to love myself, I don’t have that kinda time to convince somebody else.
--Daniel Franzese (via h-o-r-n-g-r-y)
This weekend I had a huge joint birthday bash with my bestie. And it went amazingly. There was about 40 people or so and lots and lots of glow sticks. The music was good & everything went smoothly.
Happy 24th to me & 25th to my bestie!
Here is a picture of the infamous trio with the bday girls in glow stick tiaras of course:
Tenacious Twenties turned 2 today!
Everytime I need a good laugh, I look at this post:
my mom would yell at us and then ask
did I stutter?
and one day I was feelin’ bold - so I said yes, you did stutter
and her response was
THEN YOU HEARD ME TWICE
omg FUCKING HILARIOUS.
Two nights in a row, Mr. Yamaha and I have been having some really great conversations. Just opening up about stuff in a very non-threatening way. I feel really great about it. Really really great. But…there is a side of me that is freaking out. I don’t want to assume anything because of a fear of being let down. That’s the whole truth.
List of Links from 12/04/2013
This article is really honest and a no-bullshit source of insight about what it means to have self acceptance.
Thought this had some good info & ideas about eating nutritious food on a budget :).
It’s honestly too good to pass up.
In the holiday spirit of gift giving, this article really hits the spot on gifts that are wish-worthy.